|[Denali CTP3] Analysis Services New Feature : Scalable String Storage|
|Written by Raphael|
|Thursday, 19 January 2012 17:40|
As you may know, both dimension's attributes and distinct count measures can be of string data type. During processing, Analysis Services reads data and put them into individual stores organized by attributes in case of dimensions or by measures groups/partitions for cubes.
The file format of those stores differ to adapt to the type of the data located inside. By default, until now, string stores couldn't exceed the 4GB file size limit.Read more...
Latest Author Articles
- [Office 2013] New OLAP Tools Part 2: Calculated Member
- [Office 2013] New OLAP Tools Part 1: Calculated Measure
- Analysis Services : Beware of unused dimensions "out of sight, out of mind"
- [Denali CTP3] Analysis Services New Feature : Scalable String Storage
- Analysis Services: What are the best practices for grouping measures ?